It has been almost a week since MU's Homecoming and I am just now getting around to posting about it...better late then never eh?
I picked up Kwissy on Friday afternoon from the Lou airport. We got out of there before the traffic started so we had a pleasant and quick drive back into CoMO. Had an early dinner at Houlihans with very tasty Long Islands and Skinny Martinis. With a bit of a buzz we got ready to meet one of my friends at a house pre-party before braving downtown bars. At the house pre-party got in a couple rousing games of beer-pong and interesting conversation with randomers. Finally headed downtown to the only bar we heard was letting people in without a line or a cover. Met up with friends that were in from out of town (med-school peeps). The bar was crowded but the weather was nice so we found a spot to gather on the patio. After a few drinks Kwiss and I went home to have a much needed heart-to-heart until 4AM.
Saturday kicked off with watching ESPN College Gameday which was filled on MU's campus for the first time. And Mizzou fans broke the record for the number of peeps at Gameday!!!! We are all about our Tigers! After the show, the fam met up at my place and we headed to a house-gate party to eat and drink before the game. Game was not until 7PM so we had a long day of yard games and beer. The girls and I stuck to bags (corn hole to others) and actually were very good at it! A couple of hours before the game, the fam and I headed back to my place to change into our Mizzou gear and head to the stadium. The place was nuts! We got there an hour before kick-off and the Hill was already nearly full and the stadium was crawling with peeps. So much gold!!! The student section was already jumping and cheering with excitement. There was a fairly decent OU presence, two of which being my dad and brother. To give you some background on why this game was so huge: ESPN was there, OU was ranked #1 while MU was #11 (or something), it was Homecoming, we have a long-standing rivalry with OU, and both teams were 6-0. HUGE in football land!
The game started with a BANG with Mizzou returning the first kickoff for a touchdown (literally a bang because our ROTC shot off a canon every time we score). It was all uphill from there! We ended up beating OU 36-27! It was a great game-very action packed and not a dull moment. It was not freezing but did rain a bit. At the end of the game thousands of MU fans rushed the field (30 of whom were arrested for it) and crowded around our team. In old Mizzou tradition they also took apart one of the goal posts and took it piece by piece to a downtown bar.
That night Kwiss and I decided downtown would be too much of a cluster to deal with. So we opted to head to a bar on the south side, aptly named Southside. We met a friend there who was hanging out with some very funny Marines. It was like being in a 29 bar all over again! The guys were drunk but not annoying. They were cracking us up all night! It turned into another 4AM night.
Sunday was a bit more relaxed. Kwiss and I slept in a bit. Headed to the mall to spend money I should not have but I am such an impulsive shopper! Then grabbed some delish sushi before renting Robin Hood and veggie out at my place. I had to work Monday so I had lunch with Kwiss and said good bye when the MOX van came to pick her up for the airport. So sad to say good bye. She is a wonderful friend and I am so happy she came to visit! Cant wait to see her during my Cali trip in March!
(Sorry none of these pictures were actually taken by me. I need a new camera badly!)



No comments:
Post a Comment