Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day of Mixed Emotions

The date September 11th is a day of celebrating for my family.  9/11 is my dad's birthday.  My dad is the most amazing man.  He is my best friend, my hero, and the one whom I compare every other man I meet.  I strive everyday to be more like him.  So Happy Birthday to my dad!


10 years ago this day took on another meaning.  I was getting ready for my morning class my freshman year of college when the Twin Towers fell in New York.  I sat in the living with my roommates, glued to the T.V., crying as we watched the tragedy.  So today I also remember that day and the way it affected our entire country.  Today I thank all the firefighters, police officers, and compassionate citizens who risk it all for strangers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment