So a few months ago a friend and I were talking about some of our high school classmates. One of these classmates is getting married soon and we started discussing her fiance. My friend asked me what I thought of this lady's fiance and I said, "Well, he's not ugly." Now, this statement startled my friend and she nearly fell out of her chair laughing. Which was unintentional on my part. It was a very honest comment and I actually meant it as a good thing. He is not ugly. My friend thought it was actually an insult and just a way to mask saying, "he aint cute." I did not mean it that way but it does sound funny...
Anyway-at work today my wonderful co-worker (
check her out) and I thought up other scenarios where the statement, "Well, (it/he/she/they) are/is not ugly," would fit in nicely. Here is what we came up with:
- Do you like my (sweater/shirt/shoes/dress/etc.)?
- Look at my baby!
- This is my husband/wife.
- I got engaged! Here is the ring.
- I got a new haircut.
Can you think of any other scenarios?
No comments:
Post a Comment